cookie

Translate

sabato 27 agosto 2016

Four Cannabis Entrepreneurs Share Their Strangest Moments


Carrie Roberts, Senior Consultant at Medicine Man Technologies(MDCL:OTC US)
We had a potential client approach us wanting to  retrofit an abandoned mine (18,400,000 sq. ft.), capable of producing 3 millions pounds of cannabis annually for domestic and international exportation.  This would be the largest cultivation facility in Western Canada.  They didn’t actually have funding for this “envisioned” project, so they also wanted us to write their business plan and do all of the design work for free.  Half the battle of consulting in the cannabis industry is managing client expectations.

Steve Gormley, Managing Partner/CEO at Seventh Point LLC
I would say that one of the craziest experiences I’ve had in a meeting with some cannabis industry entrepreneurs occurred in LA last winter.  I was in a meeting where the dispensary license holder was speaking to me in Mandarin, the cultivator was speaking to me in Spanish, the landlord in Russian and the real estate agent was speaking to me in French.  They all wanted to keep information from the other and were all talking at once. 

Anthony Franciosi, Founder of Honest Marijuana
When doing the initial planning for the growery, we needed to conduct some research to determine which strains to include. Strain selection is critical to the success of our business, so we took a trip to Jamaica to inspect a number of potential specimens in person. When returning to the United States, I got a little too close to a drug dog which must have smelt some smoke on me from before I left Jamaica. After spending an entire night explaining to the police that I had no reason to traffic drugs into the country as I had my own growery in Colorado, they finally let me go with no charges pressed.

Rob Hunt, President at Teewinot Life Sciences
The moments that stick out are the captive audiences I have had the unique opportunity to educate. These include the Joint Committee on Taxation at the U.S. Senate, the Conference of Western Attorney Generals or even the Government of Colombia. Ten years ago I would never have imagined that parties such as these would actively be seeking information around how cannabinoid based compounds may lead to monumental medical breakthroughs.

Four Cannabis Entrepreneurs Share Their Strangest Moments

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Archivio blog